SIZE: (8 cm round) x 5 pieces
Horti Peat Pots are excellent for raising plants from seeds or cuttings and for growing on seedlings of flowers or vegetables to a stage well in advance of the usual size for planting out.
Horti Peat Pots are manufactured from compressed peat moss and wood fibre, the plant can be put into its permanent position in the garden without removing it from the pot. The roots will grow through the sides of the pot and the plant will not suffer any transplanting shock.
This makes the Horti Peat Pot an ideal medium in which to grow seedlings to a quite advanced stage and with careful planning can mean the end of long periods of bare garden.
The peat moss in the pot enhances the garden soil into which it is planted.
How to use Peat Pots:
- Fill up the peat pot with ¾ Horti Seed & Potting Mix specifically blended for starting seeds and cuttings.
- Thoroughly moisten potting mix with water prior to sowing seeds or adding cuttings.
- Don’t overcrowd. Limit 2 to 3 seeds per pot.
- To maintain high humidity, cover pots loosely with plastic wrap. Remove wrap immediately when seeds sprout, or cuttings begin to show root development.
- Soil temperature is an extremely important part of the success with seeds and cuttings. Most of the crops and cuttings need soil temperature of 21°C.
- Note: It’s soil, not air temperature that counts.
- After plants have started to grow in Peat Pots, keep them uniformly moist but not soaking wet.
- Use half-strength application of fertilizer about 2 weeks after ‘true leaves’ have formed on seedlings. Keep plants in high light location.
- When moving plants from indoors to outdoors for transplanting, always harden them by placing in a shady location for 2 to 3 days before planting in a permanent location.
- When planting, plant “pot and all”. Be sure to completely cover Peat Pot with garden soil.
- 只需将泥炭盆放入Horti Seed & Potting Mix之理想泥炭质培养土即可。
- 只需将种子或幼苗放入泥炭盆中,每盆限制 2 到 3 粒种子,不要过度拥挤。